Fresh Start/ Memory Jar

            As the year 2012 was coming to an end, I came across an amazing project. Most people refer to it as, the Memory Jar Project. What you do is, start the new year with an empty jar. Anytime you try something new, complete something you’ve always wanted to do, or just want to remember something you felt was meaningful you’d “record it”. Write it on a piece of paper, fold it and toss it in the Memory Jar. At the end of the year, pull out all notes and reminisce at all the amazing things you accomplished and got to experience that year. For the year of 2013, I decided to take on this project and note down all of my important memories for the year. Now twelve months later, I cannot help but stare at my memory jar and reminisce over the experiences I’ve had this last year. Not only does keeping a memory jar help engrave amazing memories into your brain, but it also gives you an idea of what you, as an individual, consider significant. This project has also allowed me to get a bit out of my comfort zone; I am not much of a risk taker but ever since starting of this project I’ve found my self more willing to take a leap of faith for the things I wanted to accomplish. This project left me eager to try new experiences and really work on becoming a well-rounded individual. I am a person of many interests and passions; there's so much I want to know and want to learn. I want to read, travel, learn and explore as many things as I can. So that is my new challenge, this is the purpose of my blog. I plan to go out and travel, read, learn about different cultures, teach myself different subjects. This blog will serve as my new memory jar and hopefully inspire others to do the same. So sit back and wish me luck on my journey towards becoming a well-rounded individual.



No comments:

Post a Comment